And what better way to get even more excited than to receive the Liebster Blog Award! A big thank you to Graham Pearson for nominating me. Really, thank you.
It seems that the origins come from the German word 'liebster' which means dearest and it's a way of telling those small blogs that have under 200 followers that they're doing great and keep going. I love the idea and feel chuffed to have been nominated by a fellow blogger.
The rules are pretty simple, I have to post 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions asked by the nominee and then nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions…
11 Random Facts:
1. My dog is called Rat
2. I'm a modern day hippie (no dreads, I shower regularly and I believe in doing right by the earth)
3. I speak 3 languages and dream regularly in each language
4. I used to live in Darwin (Australia) and go mud crabbing every weekend
5. I'm currently homeless
6. I hate people that lie and boast
7. I get angsty if I live in one place for more than 3 years
8. I'm addicted to chocolate with salt
9. I'd love to marry a farmer and have goats, pigs and chickens
10. I've never been in love
11. I think now is my time
11 Questions I was asked:
1. What did you dream of becoming when you were growing up?
A sports psychologist
2. More often than not, what is your mantra?
3. Calling you out: What is (one of) your 2013 new year resolution(s)?
To remember that when people get angry it's not always my fault
4. If you find yourself feeling uninspired where do you normally go in hopes of finding it?
A walk, anywhere
5. What is your favourite holiday and aspect of that ritual?
I've never had two holidays the same but I love hot ones. I love going to the airport, the excitement in the air is crackling
6. What era most feels like the time period that suits you?
7. What is your profession? If you were to chose another career path at this time in your life what could you see yourself doing professionally?
I design and own hotels. Or at least I did before I started training to become a chef
8. What is your favourite trait about yourself?
My sense of adventure
9. If for a moment you could have the council of anyone in history who would you chose and what would you ask them?
It would be my mum. She's always right, no matter what
10. How old were you when you had your fist kiss? Did they instigate?
13 and yes
11. Outside of your blog what is another hobby or creative outlet you pursue?
My 11 Questions to my nominees:
1. What do you do professionally and why?
2. Are you happy?
3. Is your life what you thought it would be and if so why?
4. Who do you turn to
5. Have you ever done something to scare yourself and what was it
6. Best moment of your life
7. Worst moment of your life
8. Favourite food
9. 3 things to take to a desert island
10. Dogs or cats?
11. What is your aim in life?
My 5 nominees for Liebster Blog Award: